Friday, June 13, 2008

seriously, what's with the Lion King?

Last night I had a dream that I was wandering around some public transportation facility, and I guess I had just taken a shower so I was in a towel. I passed by some performers, ones who play music and put out a hat, etc. They were the most lethargic team of musicians I had ever seen; there were 5 of them, and they were all sprawled about on a single couch, literally piled vertically on top of each other. Their couch was at the bottom of an escalator, and next to their money hat they had a sign indicating that they were a Disney musical cover band.

As I came down the escalator, I saw them and thought it was funny. They noticed me and mumbled something to each other, then began an a cappella rendition of "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" (the movie version, not the Elton John) Except none of them moved, they were all still just lying there lazily as they sang.

I thought to myself "Wow, I am clearly not in New York. These guys are small time."

I kept walking, even though they were clearly performing for me. But I was in a towel, and had no intention of paying them, what was I suppossed to do? The "lead singer" followed me, trying to engage me by grabbing my hair. I ran down the hall and went into a women's bathroom, as they continued to sing.

For some reason, all the toilets were filled with coffee grinds, which turned me off a little. But they performer started opening the door (he was now on the 2nd verse, where Simba comes in). So, I locked myself in a coffee stall.

Luckily, at that moment the next door neighbor's weed wacker woke me up.


Which reminds me, why do they have to do that every Friday morning?! We should call the cops, maybe they'll make me cookies this time. Or hot dogs.

4 comments:

e train said...

coffee stall!
i don't like the in a towel part of teh dream but i guess that's what dreams do
what a fuck.

and,
My mom told me to call the cops on those weed whackers
she said they'd come with a decibal reader and like fine them if it's too many
btu like
that's weird
but might be fun to video tape

Jacob said...

start dreaming of this:
http://30pkbkpk.blogspot.com/

bizlynch said...

!!!!!

Andy said...

were they the neighbors who had that crazy rodeo themed party? they woke me up too the next day by breaking glass on their porch. i wanted to throw rocks at them, but then i got distracted by your AWESOME monkey poster